Always friends(?) (A poem I wrote)

 Hi! Out of the blue, but I've written a poem. Please give me feedback and feel free to to tell me where i can improve!


‘I’ll always be your friend‘

You said this when we were five

It was nine at night

And we were staring at the sky

‘I’ll always be your friend’

Little did we know we were

Just two girls playing pretend

And that life, life isn’t fair


They say distance brings you closer

But not with us, we drifted further apart

I made a promise I’d call you everyday

And broke it and broke your heart.

So, I tried calling you on your birthday

You didn’t pick up, maybe you were busy

Maybe you made some new friends

Maybe you’d call me back when you were free


Now what do I say when my mom asks

‘How is she?’ How do I explain?

How do I explain that we are out of touch?

That we barely ever speak anymore?


Three months and haven’t heard from you. 

But yesterday I stared at the stars 

I immediately thought of you

How we used to be close but now so far

Who is at fault here? Who is to take the blame?

Maybe no one is, and this was fate

It’s funny how all can go up in flames

how our friendship was once the strongest


‘I’ll always be your friend' 

True, true.

Although I'm halfway across the world 

I'm right here next to you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UKMT - United Kingdom Mathematics Trust

8 Books For a Teenager

How to get moonstone in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet