How to make Clay Dice

 Recently, I've been interested in board games, and wanted some custom dice that look pretty. I had a lot of clay laying around, so of course I had to use it to make these! Anyway, do you want to make custom dice too? Well, here's how to make clay dice!


Things required:

  • Air drying clay
  • Paint/acrylic markers
  • Paper
  • Gloss or Matte varnish (Optional)

Step 1:

Grab a significant amount of air drying clay- the size you think will be right for your dice. Keep in mind- it shouldn't bee too small since it will be difficult to paint on. 

Step 2: 

Roll the clay into a ball, try to make it as smooth as possible.

Step 3: 

Now shape the ball into a cube. Try to make the faces as flat as possible.

Step 4: 

Let it dry and then, paint it! I personally like using acrylic paint pens, but acrylic paint is fine too. 

Step 5:

Add the details, like the numbers. I use dots but alternatives are roman numerals or numbers.

(optional) Step 6:

Add a varnish to make sure the paint doesn't wear off, and to give it a finishing touch.

Boom! The clay dice is ready. I have made some more since I like how they look. Here is an image of them: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UKMT - United Kingdom Mathematics Trust

8 Books For a Teenager

How to get moonstone in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet